1. Follow the same consistent routine each day so your children know what to expect.
2. Get up before your kids do to exercise or have a quiet cup of coffee.
3. Get showered and dressed before your kids wake up.
4. Set out your kids' clothes the night before so there's no arguing about what to wear.
5. Pack your children's lunches and backpacks the night before.
6. Let children do as much as they can by themselves -- get dressed, brush their hair or pour themselves cereal. This can help them feel independent while also freeing you up to do other things.
7. Keep breakfast simple and portable